Friday, June 4, 2010

Fireworks on the Thames

I got to the riverside on Millennium Quay with plenty of time but noticed that the barge that the fireworks were going to be launched from was downstream by Wood Wharf.  No problem, I thought, and cycled into Greenwich.

The barge is in front of the Seabourn Sojourn.  (Shouldn't that be Seaborne Sojourn?).  Then, of course, they towed the barge up the river back near Millennium Quay.  So I followed it back to where I'd been at the start.  It ended up on the north side of the river moving up and then downstream as the firework display happened.


-0-

These are definitely cuter though. If you can ignore the muck in the Creek.   I make it 7 cygnets...


2 comments:

  1. I saw the cygnets a week or so ago - you're right, much more pleasing than fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Marmoset, there are seven, not eight, as I'd previously claimed!

    ReplyDelete