Friday, July 16, 2010

Fire at 'SE8'

Last night at around 1.30am I heard sirens. This went on till 2.15am and I wondered what it was. It seemed to be coming from the Deptford DLR area, although when I went outside to investigate it seemed to be coming from Creek Road. I'd heard what sounded like a gunshot at around 10pm, and then three more bangs that sounded more like fireworks at around 1am....so I was a little worried at what I might find in the news in the morning...

It turned out to be a fire on the seventh floor of Alaska House, one of the blocks in the development next to Deptford Bridge DLR. Apparently, fire crews from Greenwich, Lewisham, Deptford, Forest Hill, New Cross and Lee Green, and later relief crews from East Greenwich and Woolwich battled with the flames until 6am.

No comments:

Post a Comment